University collegiate, business, and administrative units are responsible for addressing accessibility issues with their technology, even when that technology is obtained from a third-party. Before adopting a new tool or technology, you should:
- review University of Iowa standards for accessible technology
- engage with the vendor or developer on accessibility issues;
- obtain an Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR) or similar accessibility documentation from the vendor or developer;
- perform testing if necessary, to determine the nature and extent of any accessibility barriers;
- complete an Equally Effective Alternate Access Plan if necessary, to document how the unit will address accessibility barriers exposed by testing or in the vendor's documentation.
The IT Accessibility Group is available to consult with anyone on campus who has questions about providing accessible technology to University users. The IT Accessibility Group can also provide targeted training, interpretation of accessibility technical standards, and clarification of policy and legal issues.