Housed within the Information Security and Policy Office (ISPO), the IT Accessibility Group provides assistance with policy and technical guidelines, training, consultation, and advocacy for accessibility efforts at Iowa. The IT Accessibility group works closely with numerous offices and individuals on the Iowa campus to pursue equivalent opportunity and access to all. Our campus partners include:
- Student Disability Services
- Faculty/Staff Disability Services
- ADA Coordinator: Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- The Iowa Center for Assistive Technology Education and Research
- University General Counsel
Accessibility is a consideration in every area of Information Technology. Web design, application development, technology procurement, project management, technical support, and social media are just some areas of electronic and information technology that we must approach with accessibility in mind.