The following resources provide guidance on how to use Microsoft Word to create more accessible documents:
- Accessible Document Practices in Microsoft Word: Step-by-step guide to common MS Word accessibility tasks
- Make your Word documents accessible - Office Support is the definitive Microsoft Word accessibility resource, provided by Microsoft Corporation.
- WebAIM: Microsoft Word - Creating Accessible Documents (http://webaim.org/techniques/word/) contains comprehensive, step-by-step information about creating and remediating Microsoft Word documents with accessibility in mind.
- NCDAE Cheatsheets (http://ncdae.org/resources/cheatsheets) is a collection of single-page accessibility tips. A good, quick accessibility reference for Microsoft Word and other formats.
- Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Word | Accessible Technology is another quality source for practical Microsoft Word accessibility.
If you are a University member and you would like individual or departmental consultation on Microsoft Word accessibility, please contact ITAccessibility@uiowa.edu.