One way to provide captions is by leveraging subtitle and captioning tools on YouTube. YouTube provides numerous tools to transcribe, edit, synchronize, and publish video captions. You can also import existing captions and transcripts into YouTube's captioning tools.
- In YouTube, navigate to the Video Manager to manage your video. The video may already have automated subtitles or closed captions attached; you can decide whether to delete these.
- Select the button labeled "Add new subtitles or CC", and the language of your caption or subtitles.
- Select "Upload a File" (or another method by which you will add your caption or subtitles).
- If the file you upload is a transcript, you will need to set the timings through the Set Timings button.
- After the transcript is synchronized, you may wish to fine-tune the timing and grouping of the captions in the caption editor.
- Your captions are complete.