This page contains Frequently Asked Questions regarding the use of UDOIT at the University of Iowa. For more detailed information, please download CANVAS Accessibility for ICON Instructors (PDF, 140KB).
If you have a question that is not answered here, please contact ITAccessibility@uiowa.edu for assistance.
I don't see UDOIT as an option in my course. How do I enable this feature?
UDOIT is available in your course settings. Follow these steps to enable UDOIT:
- Open your course settings
- Open the Navigation tab in your course settings
- Locate the UDOIT item in the disabled items list at the bottom of the screen
- Activate the downward pointing arrow and select the "Enable" option
- Save your course settings
What do I need to know about how to create good alt text?
Alternate text descriptions help to provide context and clarity to your online images. Good ALT text should:
- Describe the content and purpose of the image
- Be less than 100 characters in length
- For complex images (e.g, charts or graphs), provide a link to a longer description of the content
Note: If the image is for decoration only, do not include ALT text.
How do I correct errors discovered by UDOIT?
UDOIT provides the UFIXIT feature, which allows you to correct some accessibility errors directly within UDOIT.