10:00 - 11:20 AM, 2523 UCC (ITS Training Room)
Third-party technical solutions are an increasingly common aspect of the IT landscape in higher education. As units adopt off-the-shelf technologies, free cloud services, specialized open source tools, and other “low code” solutions, it can be tricky to identify and meet all of the policy and standards requirements, including accessibility. In this session, we will discuss strategies and tasks for supporting accessibility requirements, review the Accessible Procurement Checklist, and look at ways to expedite the accessibility phase of the technology procurement process. Participants who use the Accessible Procurement Checklist will receive expedited accessibility status in the software review process.
Participants will learn to:
- understand accessibility requirements and tasks in the procurement workflow process;
- develop strategies for communicating accessibility requirements to technology vendors, including sample RFP language;
- read and understand Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) and Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR);
- review techniques to test and document a product’s level of accessibility;
- develop Equally Effective Alternate Access Plans (EEAAPs) to address known accessibility deficits in third-party technology
- anyone who purchases or procures technology at the University of Iowa.
Time and Place:
- 2523 UCC (ITS Training Room); 10:00 AM - 11:20 AM